Clomipramine Transdermal EZ-Derm Pen Compounded
Clomipramine is a tricyclic antidepressant used to control various behavior problems in dogs (ex. separation anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorders, etc).
This medication requires a prescription.
To process your order we will require a prescription from you or your Prescriber. We will only compound and dispense upon receipt of a valid patient specific prescription.
Your Prescriber can fax us a prescription to:
You can download, complete section A and take the Prescription Authorization Fax form to your prescriber. Please use the Human Prescription Authorization Form or the Vet Prescription Authorization Form.
Mail your prescription to:
CareFirst Specialty Pharmacy
2200 Garry Road
Cinnaminson, New Jersey 08077
Our Toll Free Phone Number:
Please call toll free (844) 822-7379 to provide your prescriber's information.
Please call toll free (844) 822-7379 to provide your Pharmacy's information.
Are you a licensed Prescriber?
Looking for a Different Strength?
Contact us for a Quote.
Please call toll free (844) 822-7379 to place your order.
We are a nationally accredited PCAB compounding pharmacy and a .Pharmacy verified website. A verified .Pharmacy website designation ensures our patients and prescribing partners that our website is verified and safe.
Other Names: Anafranil
Drug Class: Tricylic antidepressant
Mechanism of Action: Clomipramine is classified as a tricyclic antidepressant (TCA) and exerts its effects like other TCAs by inhibiting reuptake of serotonin in synaptic clefts of neurons. Clomipramine also has an active metabolite, desmethylclomipramine, which inhibits norepinephrine reuptake.
Drug Interactions: Clomipramine is CONTRAINDICATED with several drug classes:
- QT interval prolonging drugs – for the risk of life threatening arrythmias
- Monoamine oxidase B inhibitors (MAOIs) – for the risk of serotonin syndrome
- Methylene Blue – for the risk of serotonin syndrome
- Linezolid – for the risk of serotonin syndrome
Adverse Effects: Common adverse effects include weight gain, sweating, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, nausea, dry mouth, dizziness, headache, and anorgasmia.
Rare but serious side effects include hematologic disorders and cardiac arrest.
Administration/Dosing: Clomipramine is administered orally and is usually titrated from 25 mg daily up to 100 mg daily in the first two weeks. Maximum daily dose is up to 250 mg daily.
- Pregnancy – Safety in pregnancy has not been established. (Pregnancy Category C)
- Breastfeeding – Clomipramine is excreted in breast milk. If possible, it should be stopped if mother is breastfeeding. Infant risk is unknown.
- Geriatric – Clomipramine is on the Beers Criteria Medication List which advises against its use in older patients due to decreased clearance in older adults which increases risk of toxicity especially anticholinergic effects.
- Pediatric - Initial oral dosage is 25 mg daily. This can be increased to 3 mg/kg or 100 mg/day (whichever is less) during the first 2 weeks. While titrating to an individualized maintenance dose, divide the total daily dose and give with meals to reduce gastrointestinal side effects. After titration, the total daily dose may be given once daily at bedtime to minimize daytime sedation. The dosage may increase gradually over the next several weeks up to 200 mg/day or 3 mg/kg/day (whichever is less).
- Clomipramine. Micromedex® (electronic version). Truven Health Analytics, Greenwood Village, Colorado, USA. Available at: http://www.micromedexsolutions.com (cited: 07/25/2018).
- Clomipramine. Lexi-Drugs. Lexicomp. Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. Riverwoods, IL. Available at: http://online.lexi.com. Accessed July 26, 2018.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
Consult your veterinarian
This is a compounded medication specifically made for your pet based on a prescription from your licensed veterinarian. Compounded medications are not returnable.
Note: We currently ship prescriptions to the following states : AL, AZ, CT, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, ND, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, VA, US Virgin Islands, VT, WA, WI, WV
If your state is not listed and you would like to be notified when can ship to your state please click here
Troches and suppositories require refrigeration (ice packs) and will incur an extra charge of $9.95 per order.