Pimobendan Tablets Compounded
Pimobendan is a drug used to treat heart failure by increasing the strength of the heart muscle contraction.
This medication requires a prescription.
To process your order we will require a prescription from you or your Prescriber. We will only compound and dispense upon receipt of a valid patient specific prescription. Please note that our compounds are exclusively provided for individual patient and are not for office use.
- Your prescriber can mail or fax in the prescription
- You can mail in the original prescription
- We can contact your prescriber for you
- You can transfer your prescription from another pharmacy
Are you a licensed Prescriber?
- We have convenient ways to get your prescription to us:
- For more information about our products and services:
Looking for a Different Strength?
Contact us for a Quote.
We are a nationally accredited PCAB compounding pharmacy and a .Pharmacy verified website. A verified .Pharmacy website designation ensures our patients and prescribing partners that our website is verified and safe.
CareFirst Specialty Pharmacy compounds pimobendan as an oral liquid and in tablet dosages that are not available commercially. Our tablets are specifically formulated and compounded into a small tablet that contains no flavors, dyes, salt, sugar, gluten, lactose, soy or dairy. Our formulation is for pets that may be allergic to or cannot take the commercially available chewable products or require a different strength. To avoid delays in processing your prescription, please indicate the reason on prescriptions.
Pimobendan is a drug used to treat heart failure by increasing the strength of the heart muscle contraction. It also can help the blood vessels relax to improve blood flow. It is used in pets with heart failure, sometimes in combination with other medications, such as furosemide (Lasix) or ACE inhibitors (enalapril). Because of the seriousness of this disease, frequent visits to your veterinarian may be necessary to monitor ECG, x-rays, and response to treatment.
Ref: Saunders Handbook of Veterinary Drugs 4th ed.
Consult your veterinarian
Flex-DoseTabs makes dosing options easy
- 3.75mg tablets are scored for easy dosing for 1.25mg, 1.875mg, 2.5mg and 3.75mg strengths
- 7.5mg tablets are scored for easy dosing for 2.5mg, 3.75mg, 5mg, and 7.5mg strengths
- 15mg tablets are scored for easy dosing for 5mg, 7.5mg, and 15mg strengths
- 20mg tablets are scored for easy dosing for 10mg, and 20mg strengths
This is a compounded medication specifically made for your pet based on a prescription from your licensed veterinarian. Compounded medications are not returnable.
Troches and suppositories require refrigeration (ice packs) and will incur an extra charge of $19.95 per order.