At CFS Pharmacy, we can manufacture a variety of customized medications in conjunction with dentists and their patients to fit specific needs. With a variety of dosage forms and strengths, we can compound medications in dosage forms and strengths that aren’t generally commercially available.
Some of the medications we can formulate per a prescription order include:
- Topical anesthetics
- Lollipops to treat oral thrush
- Lip balms for lesions caused by a virus
- Topical analgesics/muscle relaxants
- Oral sedation in the form of freezer pops and lollipops
- Non-staining antibacterial mouth rinses
- Mouth rinses for aphthous ulcers, chemotherapy-induced stomatitis, or to prevent oral bleeding during dental procedures for patients who are taking anticoagulants
- “Mucosal bandages” to cover infected, tender or ulcerated mucosa
- Lozenges to help prevent the patient from gagging
- Dry socket preparations
We can compound all of these medications for use in dental applications, and many more. Using specialized equipment that is not available in most pharmacies, together with pharmaceutical grade chemicals, we are able to use novel delivery systems and unique preparations that offer the best solution for your patient’s exact needs.
Let CFS Pharmacy’s dental compounding services help you provide optimal, customized care for every patient. Let us know what you need, and we’re here to help!