Amitriptyline Flavored Soft Chews Compounded
Amitriptyline is classified as a tricyclic antidepressant. It has been used in dogs and cats to treat anxious behaviors, pruritus, and chronic pain.
This medication requires a prescription.
To process your order we will require a prescription from you or your Prescriber. We will only compound and dispense upon receipt of a valid patient specific prescription.
- Your prescriber can mail or fax in the prescription
- You can mail in the original prescription
- We can contact your prescriber for you
- You can transfer your prescription from another pharmacy
Are you a licensed Prescriber?
- We have convenient ways to get your prescription to us:
- Fax to 844-922-7379
- Send electronically (e-prescribe) by:
- Searching for CareFirst Specialty Pharmacy in Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
- Using our NCPDP# 3151266
- Phone into 844-822-7379
- For more information about our products and services:
- Please complete the prescriber form online
- Email us at [email protected]
Looking for a Different Strength?
Contact us for a Quote.
We are a nationally accredited PCAB compounding pharmacy and a .Pharmacy verified website. A verified .Pharmacy website designation ensures our patients and prescribing partners that our website is verified and safe.
Appearance may vary from image.
Amitriptyline is classified as a tricyclic antidepressant. However, it can be used to help calm many anxious behaviors in dogs and cats.
How is Amitriptyline used?
Our pharmacy can compound amitriptyline into chew treats, capsules, topical creams or gels, or oral suspensions. We can customize the strengths and flavors to meet your unique needs.
What is Amitriptyline used for?
In dogs, amitriptyline can be used for anxious behavioral conditions, like separation anxiety and generalized anxiety, as well as for chronic pain and pruritus. In cats, it has been used to manage excessive grooming, spraying, pica, pruritus, and anxiety. It may be used as an adjunctive treatment alongside other medications to treat these conditions.
Side Effects and Other Important Information
Side effects that are seen with amitriptyline include:
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Bone marrow suppression
- Hyperactivity, seizures (occasional in dogs)
If your pet experiences any side effects when using amitriptyline, contact your veterinarian right away. Talk to your pharmacist or veterinarian if your pet is taking any other medications, as amitriptyline may interact with other medications. Use the medication as prescribed by your veterinarian. The information provided is not intended to cover all possible uses. This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. If you have questions about the use of your prescription, please contact your prescriber.
- Plumb, Donald C. (2018). Plumb's veterinary drug handbook. Stockholm, Wis.: Ames, Iowa: PharmaVet; Distributed by Blackwell Pub.
Consult your veterinarian
This is a compounded medication specifically made for your pet based on a prescription from your licensed veterinarian. Compounded medications are not returnable.
Troches and suppositories require refrigeration (ice packs) and will incur an extra charge of $19.95 per order.