Amlodipine Topi-TASTE Compounded
Amlodipine is used for the treatment of high blood pressure.
This medication requires a prescription.
To process your order we will require a prescription from you or your Prescriber. We will only compound and dispense upon receipt of a valid patient specific prescription.
- Your prescriber can mail or fax in the prescription
- You can mail in the original prescription
- We can contact your prescriber for you
- You can transfer your prescription from another pharmacy
Are you a licensed Prescriber?
- We have convenient ways to get your prescription to us:
- Fax to 844-922-7379
- Send electronically (e-prescribe) by:
- Searching for CareFirst Specialty Pharmacy in Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
- Using our NCPDP# 3151266
- Phone into 844-822-7379
- For more information about our products and services:
Looking for a Different Strength?
Contact us for a Quote.
We are a nationally accredited PCAB compounding pharmacy and a .Pharmacy verified website. A verified .Pharmacy website designation ensures our patients and prescribing partners that our website is verified and safe.
Appearance may vary from image.
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker that is most commonly used for hypertension and angina (heart pain). Amlodipine reduces the amount of calcium that enters the heart cell, reducing the amount of force that heart cells produce and reducing blood pressure.
How is amlodipine used?
Amlodipine is commercially available as an oral tablet that is taken once a day. However, some patients may have difficulty swallowing the pill, and require a different dosage form that is easier to use.
What does amlodipine treat?
Amlodipine helps lower blood pressure and improve the symptoms of angina. By doing so, patients have better control of cardiovascular disease and therefore have a significantly better health outcome.
Side Effects and Other Important Information:
Amlodipine is usually well-tolerated, but side effects of amlodipine use may include:
- Swelling in legs
- Low blood pressure
If you notice severe side effects when using amlodipine, contact your physician immediately. This may be indicative of other medical conditions or a severe allergic reaction. Your physician can make new recommendations for medications that you would tolerate better.
Purchasing amlodipine – A Trusted Source
You can trust CareFirst Specialty Pharmacy to provide quality amlodipine preparations in specific doses for your individual needs.
Use the medication as prescribed by your doctor.
The information provided is not intended to cover all possible uses. This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. If you have questions about the use of your prescription, please contact your prescriber.
- Amlodipine. In Lexi-Drugs [database on the Internet]. Hudson, Ohio: Hudson, Ohio: Wolters Kluwer UpToDate, Inc.
- Fares H, DiNicolantonio JJ, O'Keefe JH, Lavie CJ. Amlodipine in hypertension: a first-line agent with efficacy for improving blood pressure and patient outcomes. Open Heart. 2016;3(2):e000473
Consult your veterinarian.
This is a compounded medication specifically made for your pet based on a prescription from your licensed veterinarian. Compounded medications are not returnable.
Troches and suppositories require refrigeration (ice packs) and will incur an extra charge of $19.95 per order.