Cetirizine HCI Flavored Soft Chews Compounded
Cetirizine is used primarily to treat allergic symptoms
This medication requires a prescription.
To process your order we will require a prescription from you or your Prescriber. We will only compound and dispense upon receipt of a valid patient specific prescription.
- Your prescriber can mail or fax in the prescription
- You can mail in the original prescription
- We can contact your prescriber for you
- You can transfer your prescription from another pharmacy
Are you a licensed Prescriber?
- We have convenient ways to get your prescription to us:
- Fax to 844-922-7379
- Send electronically (e-prescribe) by:
- Searching for CareFirst Specialty Pharmacy in Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
- Using our NCPDP# 3151266
- Phone into 844-822-7379
- For more information about our products and services:
- Please complete the prescriber form online
- Email us at [email protected]
Looking for a Different Strength?
Contact us for a Quote.
We are a nationally accredited PCAB compounding pharmacy and a .Pharmacy verified website. A verified .Pharmacy website designation ensures our patients and prescribing partners that our website is verified and safe.
Appearance may vary from image.
Cetirizine is an antihistamine most commonly used for allergies. Immune cells (particularly mast cells) are responsible for causing an allergic response. After exposure to an allergen (such as pollen or dust), mast cells become sensitized. After a second exposure, mast cells over-react and release chemical factors including histamine. Histamine causes a number of inflammatory responses and are responsible for symptoms. Cetirizine is a histamine blocker and prevents your cells from overreacting.
How is cetirizine used?
Cetirizine is commercially available as an oral tablet that is taken once a day. However, some patients may have difficulty swallowing the pill, and require a different dosage form that is easier to use.
What does cetirizine treat?
Cetirizine is an antihistamine that alleviates symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as sneezing, stuffy nose, runny nose, minor rash, or itching.
Side Effects and Other Important Information:
Cetirizine is usually well-tolerated, but side effects of cetirizine use may include:
If you notice severe side effects when using cetirizine, contact your physician immediately. This may be indicative of other medical conditions or a severe allergic reaction. Your physician can make new recommendations for medications that you would tolerate better.
Purchasing cetirizine – A Trusted Source
You can trust CareFirst Specialty Pharmacy to provide quality cetirizine preparations in specific doses for your individual needs.
Use the medication as prescribed by your doctor.
The information provided is not intended to cover all possible uses. This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. If you have questions about the use of your prescription, please contact your prescriber.
- Cetirizine. In Lexi-Drugs [database on the Internet]. Hudson, Ohio: Hudson, Ohio: Wolters Kluwer UpToDate, Inc.
- Corsico, A.G., Leonardi, S., Licari, A. et al. Focus on the cetirizine use in clinical practice: a reappraisal 30 years later. Multidiscip Respir Med 14, 40 (2019).
Consult your veterinarian
This is a compounded medication specifically made for your pet based on a prescription from your licensed veterinarian. Compounded medications are not returnable.
Troches and suppositories require refrigeration (ice packs) and will incur an extra charge of $19.95 per order.