Cholestyramine Resin Compounded
Cholestyramine acts by binding to and forming complexes with certain compounds in the gut. It binds to cholesterol, bile acids, and biotoxins in the intestine, preventing their absorption into the body and helping the body get rid of them. Cholestyramine resin can be given to treat high cholesterol, diarrhea due to improper absorption of bile acids, and illnesses caused by biotoxins.
This medication requires a prescription.
To process your order we will require a prescription from you or your Prescriber. We will only compound and dispense upon receipt of a valid patient specific prescription.
- Your prescriber can mail or fax in the prescription
- You can mail in the original prescription
- We can contact your prescriber for you
- You can transfer your prescription from another pharmacy
Are you a licensed Prescriber?
- We have convenient ways to get your prescription to us:
- Fax to 844-922-7379
- Send electronically (e-prescribe) by:
- Searching for CareFirst Specialty Pharmacy in Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
- Using our NCPDP# 3151266
- Phone into 844-822-7379
- For more information about our products and services:
- Please complete the prescriber form online
- Email us at [email protected]
Looking for a Different Strength?
Contact us for a Quote.
We are a nationally accredited PCAB compounding pharmacy and a .Pharmacy verified website. A verified .Pharmacy website designation ensures our patients and prescribing partners that our website is verified and safe.
Capsule and powder color and appearance may vary from image.
Cholestyramine is a resin that binds to bile acids, cholesterol, and biotoxins in the intestine, forming non-absorbable complexes. This prevents their absorption into the body and aids in their excretion. Cholestyramine resin can be given to treat high cholesterol, diarrhea due to improper absorption of bile acids, and biotoxin illnesses
Ref: Cholestyramine. Lexi-Drugs. Lexicomp. Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. Riverwoods, IL. Available at: http://online.lexi.com. Accessed January 14, 2019
Consult your prescriber
This is a compounded medication specifically made for you based on a prescription from your licensed physician.
Troches and suppositories require refrigeration (ice packs) and will incur an extra charge of $19.95 per order.