Lansoprazole decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
This medication requires a prescription.
To process your order we will require a prescription from you or your Prescriber. We will only compound and dispense upon receipt of a valid patient specific prescription.
- Your prescriber can mail or fax in the prescription
- You can mail in the original prescription
- We can contact your prescriber for you
- You can transfer your prescription from another pharmacy
Are you a licensed Prescriber?
- We have convenient ways to get your prescription to us:
- Fax to 844-922-7379
- Send electronically (e-prescribe) by:
- Searching for CareFirst Specialty Pharmacy in Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
- Using our NCPDP# 3151266
- Phone into 844-822-7379
- For more information about our products and services:
- Please complete the prescriber form online
- Email us at [email protected]
Looking for a Different Strength?
Contact us for a Quote.
We are a nationally accredited PCAB compounding pharmacy and a .Pharmacy verified website. A verified .Pharmacy website designation ensures our patients and prescribing partners that our website is verified and safe.
This is a compounded medication specifically made for you based on a prescription from your licensed physician.
Lansoprazole (Prevacid) is a proton pump inhibitor. It works to decrease the amount of acid produced in the stomach by inhibiting proton pumps. You or your child may be prescribed lansoprazole if you suffer from:
- Reflux disease, such asGERD
- Esophageal erosions
- Stomach bleeding
Proton-pump inhibitors (PIIs) such as lansoprazole can decrease symptoms of upper digestive disease, such as:
- Chronic cough
- Poor sleep
- Difficulty swallowing
- Frequent, severe episodes of spitting up
- Refusal to eat
Why lansoprazole suspension?
Suspension, or liquid form of lansoprazole may be best for certain individuals who cannot swallow pills. It can easily be dosed through a feeding tube and may be easier for some people to swallow. A custom-dosed suspension is especially useful for young children. Side effects and other important information
Common side effects seen in children and adults include:
- Stomach ache
Severe side effects can be a sign of a serious concurrent problem. Contact your physician if you or your child experiences these while taking lansoprazole:
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Chest pain
- Numb/tingling toes or fingers
- Swelling of hands, feet or face
You should not take lansoprazole if you have liver disease.
Please tell your physician and pharmacist if you or your child are taking Coumadin (warfarin) or sucralfate, as a drug interaction could occur.
Use the medication as prescribed by your doctor.
The information provided is not intended to cover all possible uses. This information is generalized and not intended as specific medical advice. If you have questions about the use of your prescription, please contact your prescriber.
References: > Lansoprazole. http://www.aboutkidshealth.ca/en/healthaz/drugs/pages/lansoprazole.aspx > Lansoprazole https://www.drugs.com/lansoprazole.html
Consult your physician
Troches and suppositories require refrigeration (ice packs) and will incur an extra charge of $19.95 per order.