We compound Sildenafil in a Troche/Lozenge and in a Quick Dissolve Sublingual Tablet.
This medication requires a prescription.
To process your order we will require a prescription from you or your Prescriber. We will only compound and dispense upon receipt of a valid patient specific prescription.
- Your prescriber can mail or fax in the prescription
- You can mail in the original prescription
- We can contact your prescriber for you
- You can transfer your prescription from another pharmacy
Are you a licensed Prescriber?
- We have convenient ways to get your prescription to us:
- Fax to 844-922-7379
- Send electronically (e-prescribe) by:
- Searching for CareFirst Specialty Pharmacy in Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
- Using our NCPDP# 3151266
- Phone into 844-822-7379
- For more information about our products and services:
- Please complete the prescriber form online
- Email us at [email protected]
Looking for a Different Strength?
Contact us for a Quote.
We are a nationally accredited PCAB compounding pharmacy and a .Pharmacy verified website. A verified .Pharmacy website designation ensures our patients and prescribing partners that our website is verified and safe.
This is a compounded medication specifically made for you based on a prescription from your licensed physician.
What are Sildenafil and Tadalifil?
Their generic names are very similar because they are both PDE5-inhibitors for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED). These inhibitors promote relaxation of blood vessels and increase blood flow to certain areas of the body.
What is the difference?
The main difference between the two medications is how long the drugs work in the body. Both medications begin to work within about 30 – 60 minutes. We compound these medication as a troche/lozenge or Quick Dissolve Sublingual Tablet. Troches and sublingual tablets are a unique dosage forms that have been used for many years for drug delivery. Troches are small lozenges that dissolve between the cheek and gum over a period of about 15-30 minutes. Sublingual tablets can be quickly dissolve under the tongue. The medication is then directly absorbed through the mucus membranes of the mouth and are effective because the lining of the mouth is thin and rich in blood supply. As it dissolves, the medication is gradually absorbed directly into the blood stream. Because of the medication is absorbed through the mucus membrane, the medication avoid the digestive process. Tadalifilis a once daily medication that will work longer in the body, sometimes up to 36 hours.Tadalifil is also used to treat ED and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Sildenafil is a once daily medication taken when needed 30-60 minutes prior to sexual activity. It lasts for up to 4 hours. If one medication does not help treat your ED, it is unlikely that the other would work, as they function very similarly in the body.
Which one is right for me?
Pre-existing conditions, risk factors and goals of therapy are the main reasons that physicians and patients choose one instead of the other. It is important to discuss your medical history and current problems with ED with your physician before deciding which is right for you.
Side Effects and Other Important Information:
Side effects of Tadalifil and Sildenafil include:
- Back pain
- Upset stomach
- Changes in vision
- Changes in hearing
Contact your physician IMMEDIATELY if you experience the following:
- An erection lasting more than 4 hours
- Painful erection
- Chest pain
- Itching/burning sensation while urinating
- Pain or nausea during sexual activity
- Tingling of chest, neck or jaw during sexual activity
These drugs may not be safe for all individuals. Please speak to your physician before using Tadalifil or Sildenafil if you are/have:
- Scheduled for surgery or dental surgery
- Take nitroglycerine
- Take alpha-blocker medication
- Prostate problems
- History of heart attack
- History of stroke
- Chest pain during sex
- High or low blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Irregular heart rate
- Other heart disease
- Eye problems
- Liver or kidney dysfunction
- Medications to TreatED: http://www.webmd.com/erectile-dysfunction/guide/cialis-levitra-staxyn-viagra-treat-ed?page=2
- Tadalafil: https://www.drugs.com/tadalafil.html
- Sildenafil: https://www.drugs.com/sildenafil.html
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and Tadalafil: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm274642.htm
Consult your physician
How to place the troche in your mouth.
When you are ready to put a troche/lozenge in your mouth. Place the troche up against your gum and cheeks. Gently push the troche as deep as it will go between your cheeks and gums. Take your finger out of your mouth and push on the troche from the outside of your cheeks for at least 30 seconds. The troche should stick to your gum. It is okay if it sticks to your cheek instead of your gum. Wash hands after administration. This is commonly referred to as buccal administration.
- DO NOT CHEW or SWALLOW the troche.
- Rotate the area in the mouth where you place the medication for each dose. This will reduce the risk of mouth irritation.
- It usually takes about 15-30 min for the troche to dissolve. Do not drink, eat or brush until your dose is dissolved. This will help to keep the medication out of the digestive tract.
- To maintain a consistent blood level, you should take the medication at the same time every day.
For Quick Dissolve Sublingual Dose
The tablet can be places simply under your tongue, also referred to sublingual administration. This tablet can also be placed up against your gum and cheek (buccal administration) similar to a troche.
Troches and suppositories require refrigeration (ice packs) and will incur an extra charge of $19.95 per order.