Synapsin/Methylcobalamin Nasal Spray Compounded
Synapsin is designed to be used in formulations for the support of neurological health and cognitive support.
This medication requires a prescription.
To process your order we will require a prescription from you or your Prescriber. We will only compound and dispense upon receipt of a valid patient specific prescription.
- Your prescriber can mail or fax in the prescription
- You can mail in the original prescription
- We can contact your prescriber for you
- You can transfer your prescription from another pharmacy
Are you a licensed Prescriber?
- We have convenient ways to get your prescription to us:
- Fax to 844-922-7379
- Send electronically (e-prescribe) by:
- Searching for CareFirst Specialty Pharmacy in Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
- Using our NCPDP# 3151266
- Phone into 844-822-7379
- For more information about our products and services:
Looking for a Different Strength?
Contact us for a Quote.
We are a nationally accredited PCAB compounding pharmacy and a .Pharmacy verified website. A verified .Pharmacy website designation ensures our patients and prescribing partners that our website is verified and safe.
Appearance may vary from image.
Synapsin is a mixture of Rg3 and nicotinamide riboside. Rg3 is derived from ginseng and protects neurons in the brain by regulating inflammation by glial cells. Nicotinamide riboside is a form of vitamin B found in milk that is converted to NAD+, which is an important cofactor in many reactions in the body that support life and slow aging. Synapsin can be compounded as a nasal spray and given to support neurologic and cognitive health, particularly in cases of traumatic brain injury (TBI) or Alzheimer’s.
Synapsin is an innovative, patent-pending powder blend of ginsenoside Rg3 and nicotinamide riboside along with ingredients to aid in solubilization and dispersion. It is designed to be used in formulations for the support of neurological health and cognitive support.
We are a nationally accredited PCAB compounding pharmacy and a verified VPP pharmacy. Our expert compounding pharmacists compound Synapsin as an Intranasal spray. Synapsin is commonly compounded with methylcobalamin. Please contact us for additional information.
- Professional Compounding Centers of America. (2011). Synapsin® [product information]. Houston, TX.
- Joo SS, Yoo YM, Ahn BW, et al. Prevention of inflammation-mediated neurotoxicity by Rg3 and its role in microglial activation. Biol Pharm Bull. 2018;31(7): 1392-1396. http://doi.org/10.1248/bpb.31.1392
- Bieganowski P, Brenner C. (2004). Discoveries of nicotinamide riboside as a nutrient and conserved NRK genes establish a Preiss-Handler independent route to NAD+ in fungi and humans. Cell. 2004;117(4): 495-502. http://www.cell.com/cell/pdf/S0092-8674(04)00416-7.pdf
Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) – Nicotinamide riboside (NR) is a form of vitamin B3 found in cow’s milk.
Rg3 – Rg3 one of several triterpene saponins (ginsenosides) found in the plant genus Panax, including Panax ginseng (Asian ginseng) and Panax quinquifolius (American ginseng).
Consult your prescriber.
This is a compounded medication specifically made for you based on a prescription from your licensed physician.
Troches and suppositories require refrigeration (ice packs) and will incur an extra charge of $19.95 per order.